In this exciting "Next Step" 2 day course you will make a length of cloth that you can then CUT and sew to make anything your heart desires!
You will be working with an Ashford 20" Knitters loom and a choice of yarns, such as unmercerized organic cotton, bamboo and wools to create a masterpiece! Are you going to make a bag, a top, an apron, a cushion cover, a lampshade, recover a chair? Only you know!
Ideally you will be familiar with rigid heddle weaving, perhaps you have already done our beginners course? But if you know you pick things up quickly and work fast you should be able to attend this course.
- 2 days tuition with Freya Jones
- £30 voucher towards your materials
- Use of the Ashford 20" Knitters loom
- An idea of what you want to achieve with measurements, a pattern is ideal. We need this to work out how long the warp needs to be, if we warp up 20cm too short you'll be very angry.
- Your materials to weave with. This can be purchased from Freya Jones on the day. If you are unsure of the best materials to use Freya is always happy to discuss all your requirements of the piece and recommend suitable materials - please do this in advance to keep as much time for teaching as possible. You can use your voucher in advance for this purpose.
- Your lunch. Tea/Coffee and biscuits is provided
Please arrive to BEGIN at 9am both days, you will leave at 4pm both days